Job OpportunitiesAs we are made of aware of openings, they are posted to our Job Opportunities page. Marist High School - Spanish Teacher Chicago Collegiate Charter School
CTE By-laws – approved March 2015
The Council on Teacher Education (CTE) is the coordinating body of the professional preparation programs for teachers and school service personnel. The CTE was established by the University of Illinois’ Board of Trustees in 1943-44 to formulate policies and programs of student selection, retention, guidance, preparation, and placement in elementary and secondary schools. The CTE consists of deans from the five colleges that sponsor professional education programs that lead to teacher, administrator, and school service personnel certificates: Architecture and the Arts; Education; Liberal Arts and Sciences; Nursing; and Social work. The chair of the CTE is the Dean of the College of Education. The CTE’s activities are coordinated through a Director, who is responsible to the CTE Deans. The Director supervises staff who assist in the coordination and implementation of CTE procedures and policies and who insure that candidates are qualified for licensure by the Illinois State Board of Education.
The CTE coordinates professional education curricula, policies, and procedures. It serves as a liaison between UIC and the Illinois State Board of Education and between UIC and K-12 school personnel. In its role as liaison with the state, it is regarded as the “Unit” for accreditation.
The CTE’s responsibilities to Programs are to:
- Serve as a liaison with the Illinois State Board of Education;
- Communicate licensure requirements and other policies;
- Review professional education programs and coordinate/facilitate accreditation and program review;
- Approve and facilitate the implementation of policies and procedures;
- Facilitate professional development;
- Keep candidacy, early field experience, student teaching, licensure, and remediation records on teacher candidates;
- Process candidacy applications and program recommendations;
- Communicate with program faculty regarding teaching major and candidate progress through course enrollment, candidacy, early field experiences, student teaching, and licensure;
- Facilitate the resolution of difficulties among candidates and programs; and
- Meet deadlines and engage in timely, accurate, and helpful communication.
The CTE’s Responsibilities to K-12 School Personnel are to:
- Process tuition reimbursement requests;
- Serve as a liaison between the Program and the school regarding field and experiences and student teaching.
The CTE’s Responsibilities to Students, Teaching Majors and Teacher Candidates are to:
- Provide general information and support regarding licensure programs and requirements;
- Convey information about state-mandated tests and other state requirements for licensure;
- Facilitate enrollment in required education courses for LAS and Architecture and Arts programs in secondary education;
- Facilitate student teaching placements in secondary education;
- Ensure that students are meeting program and licensure requirements at the various phases outlined by programs;
- Entitle candidates who have met all licensure requirements to licensure by the Illinois State Board of Education;
- Keep candidacy, field experience, student teaching, and licensure and remediation records on teacher candidates
- Ensure due process and equal access in all phases of candidacy;
- Process requests and petitions; and
- Engage in timely, accurate, and helpful communication.
News and AnnouncementsMay 10, 2017 Teacher & Principal Meet-n-Greet
All UIC teacher candidates and school social workers are invited to network with UIC principals, meet Chicago area principals and teachers, and discuss potential hiring opportunities for the 2017-18 academic year. Interested teachers should RSVP by May 5th. You will be asked to upload a current resume when you RSVP. All resumes will be shared with principals prior to the event, but plan to bring along copies of your resumes.
When: 4 - 6:30 p.m.RSVP | Contact Katonja Webb at email@example.com with questions.
Where: Student Center East - Illinois Rooms