Job OpportunitiesAs we are made of aware of openings, they are posted to our Job Opportunities page. Marist High School - Spanish Teacher Chicago Collegiate Charter School
edTPA™, formerly the Teacher Performance Assessment, was designed by teachers and teacher educators to support candidate learning and provide data that support preparation program growth and renewal. Aligned with Common Core State Standards and InTASC Standards, edTPA assesses teaching behaviors that focus on student learning. edTPA can be integrated with other teacher candidate assessments such as clinical evaluations, GPA, and content knowledge examinations to inform program completion decisions or as a metric for licensure. edTPA is a summative capstone assessment to evaluate readiness to teach. It is also a source of evidence for program review, teacher licensure and/or state and national accreditation.
How to Register for the edTPA (with Pearson and TaskStream)
Access the edTPA in TaskStream – youtube video
edTPA Uncovering the Rubrics – Workshop 1/16/2015
Virtual Brown Bag: Academic Language – YouTube Video
Virtual Brown Bag: Assessment Literacy – YouTube Video
edTPA for Cooperating Teachers – YouTube Video
The handbook you will download from within TaskStream is specific to your content area. The handbook contains specific requirements that are listed in the Evidence Chart. Be sure to check the Evidence Chart before beginning work on your edTPA.
Each program has different requirements for:
- The number of video clips required/allowed
- The length of the clip(s)
- What can/should be included in the clip(s)
- edTPA 101 Workshop – presented Nov 7, 2014
edTPA Videotaping Checklist and Tips – presented April 2, 2015
At UIC, the edTPA is completed using TaskStream. Please become familiar with TaskStream.
- Before beginning work on your edTPA, you should discuss with your cooperating teacher about the best place and set-up for the tripod/camcorder.
- Both audio and video are important so you will need to put the tripod/camcorder in a place where your teaching and class participation can be captured.
- It is recommended that you do a practice run with all of the equipment so that you, your cooperating teacher and your students are familiar with the situation and equipment.
Borrowing a camcorder
- Camcorders and tripod are available for checkout from the ETL for College of Education students.
- Non-College of Education students should check with the ITL located in the Library.
- Keep in mind that there are other who also need to use this equipment and return it in a timely fashion.
Video Compression for edTPA
- How to compress video using Movie Maker (PC) or iMovie (Mac)
- College of Education students:
- If you need assistance compressing video files to be uploaded into your edTPA, please visit the Educational Technology Lab (ETL) on the 2nd floor of ETMSW.
- All other students:
- Please contact the Instructional Technology Lab (ITL) – East located in LIB 1-460, in the Daley Library. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone, 312-996-9824
News and AnnouncementsMay 10, 2017 Teacher & Principal Meet-n-Greet
All UIC teacher candidates and school social workers are invited to network with UIC principals, meet Chicago area principals and teachers, and discuss potential hiring opportunities for the 2017-18 academic year. Interested teachers should RSVP by May 5th. You will be asked to upload a current resume when you RSVP. All resumes will be shared with principals prior to the event, but plan to bring along copies of your resumes.
When: 4 - 6:30 p.m.RSVP | Contact Katonja Webb at email@example.com with questions.
Where: Student Center East - Illinois Rooms