Common Forms for Educator and School Personnel Preparation Students
Students enrolled in approved Illinois Educator and School Personnel Preparation Programs at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) are encouraged to talk with a program representative for specific questions about degree and non-degree requirements.
In addition to the Milestone 1-3 requirements, there are additional documents and forms required by students enrolled in Educator Preparation Programs. Consult with a program representative for more information.
Request to Enroll
Students are required to file a Request to Enroll Form to apply to take course ED 425 (undergraduate) or ED 432 (graduate). There are degree specific requirements that must be completed prior to submitting your request to enroll. Contact your program representative for more information.
After meeting the requirements, students should complete the appropriate Request to Enroll online form below.
The Request to Enroll forms have specific deadlines. The forms are due March 15 for Fall course enrollment and October 15 for Spring course enrollment.
Occasionally, students are unable to meet specific requirements or deadlines. A student’s program representative may suggest/require a petition to apply to extend the deadline.
Students should consult with their program representative and complete the petition by a predetermined deadline that is specific to their situation. Then, students submit the completed petition to CTE. Petitions can be found below. Students should only complete the specific petition for their situation.
Occasionally, students need additional guidance to complete program and teacher education requirements. A student’s program representative may suggest/require an action plan.
Students should consult with their program representative and complete the action plan by a predetermined deadline that is specific to their situation. Then, students submit the completed action plan to CTE. Action plans can be found below. Students should only complete the specific action plan for their situation.
Student Teaching in Personal Classroom
UIC teacher candidates may petition to student teach in their own classrooms (Illinois State Board of Education, Section 25.620). These teacher candidates are still required to complete the entire student teaching process. See Milestone 2: Apply to Student Teaching for a complete list of Student Teaching Application requirements. Please note that teacher candidates can only student teach in the same content area and grade range as their current educational preparation program at UIC.
Submit the following documents to email@example.com:
- Petition to Student Teach in Personal Classroom
- School or District Administrator Letter
- Program Coordinator Letter of Support
- Opt-Out of CPS Registration Form
Administrator Letter Requirements
- Be written and signed by a school or district administrator other than the teacher candidate.
- Be printed on school or district letterhead.
- Describe the teacher candidate’s employment history within school district, including
- Licensure type when candidate was hired
- Position # (if applicable)
- Dates of employment
- Teaching assignment(s) (including subject areas taught with date ranges)
- Specify if the school is non-public (private, charter, etc.) and/or not legally required to hire licensed teachers.
- Indicate support and approval for teacher candidate to continue in current position for the duration of the student teaching experience.
Program Coordinator Letter of Support Requirements
- Be written and signed by the teacher candidate’s program coordinator.
- Detail the support plan the teacher candidate will receive from the program during student teaching, including university supervision, university supports, and an evaluation plan for the teacher candidate.
- For application deadlines, refer to Milestone 2: Apply to Student Teaching for details.