Chicagoland Teacher Pipeline Program Now Accepting Applications
Application Deadline is September 15, 2018
Grow Your Own (GYO) is a teacher pipeline program established to increase teacher diversity in Illinois public schools. GYO provides extensive support for students pursuing a career in teaching, in exchange for a commitment to teach for 5 years in high-needs public schools.
Supports that make a difference:
- Financial support for tuition assistance, and when needed, emergency expenses
- Academic support, with an Academic Coordinator who works with students to keep them on track to graduate
- Test prep for the TAP, ACT or SAT, as well as tutoring and other support to master class subjects
- A cohort of other prospective teachers who meet monthly to support each other, tackle the issues facing them and better prepare for the classroom
Who are Grow Your Own students?
- Undergraduates interested in pursuing a career in teaching
- Students enrolled in their college of education or a master’s program to gain their license
- Adults who are returning to college with the intent of becoming a licensed teacher
- Graduates who hold a bachelors degree and are pursuing a teaching license
How to apply:
- To apply, click the button or visit www.GrowYourOwnTeachers.org/apply. Candidates will need to provide college transcripts and/or proof of high school graduation (or GED), a writing sample, documentation of ACT, SAT or TAP score, and two letters of recommendation.
- Basic eligibility requirements include: a GED or high school diploma, demonstrated commitment to your community, at least an 18 on ACT, 935 on SAT or passing one section on the TAP test.
For more information, please contact Kenneth Snyder at email@example.com or (773) 614-6619