Cooperating personnel are employed teachers and administrators who facilitate teacher education experiences with/for UIC teacher candidates. Teacher education experiences are field experience or student teaching. During student teaching, a student may ask her/his Cooperating Teacher to complete a Student Teaching Evaluation form, which evaluates the performance of the student teacher. After supporting a teacher candidate, eligible Cooperating Personnel may request a Tuition and Service Fee Waivers. Additional information on Student Teaching Evaluation Forms and Tuition and Service Fee Waiver can be found below.
Cooperating Teacher: Student Teaching Evaluations
Each UIC student participating in a student teaching semester is evaluated using the Student Teaching Evaluation Form. The form is required to be filled out as a midterm or final assessment by a cooperating teacher, field instructor and student teacher, as a self assessment tool. Please note, the Student Teaching Evaluation form has a short time-out period. Therefore, we recommend Cooperating Teachers copy the the Student Teaching Evaluation form questions into a word document, compile responses, and then paste responses into the online form.
To complete the Student Teaching Evaluation Form click here.
Cooperating Personnel Tuition & Service Fee Waiver
Cooperating personnel are employed teachers and administrators who facilitate teacher education experiences with/for UIC teacher candidates. Teacher education experiences are field experience or student teaching. A limited number of Tuition and Service Fee Waivers are available for cooperating personnel who meet the below eligibility criteria. The Tuition and Service Fee Waiver only covers UIC service fee and in-state tuition. The individual using the waiver must pay fees not covered by the waiver. For information on fees charged to UIC students, visit the Office of the Registrar.
The Tuition and Service Fee Waiver form and the applicable supplementing document(s) are due no later than 2 weeks prior to the start of the term you wish to attend. Please plan to submit the form(s) before the deadline as late forms are rarely accepted.
- Incomplete forms will be rejected.
- The form must be completed electronically in the fillable PDF format. Handwritten forms will be rejected.
- Cooperating personnel must meet the specific eligibility requirements dictated by their position.
- Cooperating personnel are eligible to apply for one Tuition and Service Fee Waiver per one semester of service.
- Cooperating personnel must apply the Tuition and Service Fee Waiver after the semester of service.
- Tuition and Service Fee Waivers can be applied to any semester up to two years following the semester of service.
- Full cost recovery (FCR) programs do not accept this Tuition and Service Fee Waiver. Please contact Extended Campus for more information on FCR programs.
Cooperating Personnel Eligibility Requirements
Cooperating Teachers: Must complete one of the following: 1) participate in a minimum of 45 approved field experience hours of service with a UIC teacher candidate during a single semester, or 2) facilitate a student teaching opportunity to a UIC teacher candidate for one semester. The UIC teacher candidate must be enrolled in an Educator Preparation Program during the time of service.
- Download and complete the Tuition and Service Fee Waiver. Next, email the completed form to email@example.com in advance of the semester the waiver is applied.
Administrators: Must facilitate teacher education experiences by monitoring or placing UIC teacher candidate(s) in student teaching opportunities. The UIC teacher candidate must be enrolled in an Educator Preparation Program during the time of service.
- Download and complete the Tuition and Service Fee Waiver. In addition to the Tuition and Service Fee Waiver form, administrators must demonstrate their service with a formal letter. Requirements of the letter are below. Email the completed form and letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the semester the waiver is applied.
When applying for a Tuition and Service Fee waiver, administrators must provide a formal letter that describes the responsibilities and services rendered to UIC teacher candidates. A fellow administrator who can attest to the administrator’s service to UIC teacher candidates must write the letter. The letter must:
- Specify semester and year of service.
- Confirm that the administrator had the sole role of coordinating all teacher experiences for the school or district.
- Describe administrator’s responsibilities (placement process, continued support of UIC teacher candidates, etc.).
- Provide a list of all UIC teacher candidates who were supported.
- Be printed on school or district letterhead.
- Be signed by the author.
Admission and Registration Information
CTE receives waiver requests and evaluates them for eligibility. Receipt of a Tuition and Service Fee Waiver from CTE does not imply admission to the University of Illinois at Chicago. Admission is a separate process. Please contact the Offices of Admissions to learn more.