Job OpportunitiesAs we are made of aware of openings, they are posted to our Job Opportunities page. Education Job Fair - March 1, 2017 2 ESL Positions in Normal, IL Moving Everest Charter School - 2nd Grade and SPED
Upon successful completion of the MEd in Instructional Leadership with a concentration in Early Childhood/Early Childhood Special Education program, students will be entitled to a State of Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) with an endorsement in Early Childhood Special Education valid for grades K-3.
Each phase of the program must be fully completed before progressing to the next phase.
In order to be admitted to a degree program leading to licensure, potential candidates must have the following:
- A recorded pass on an initial licensure exam (TAP, ACT with Writing, SAT)
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5/4.0 or greater and a major GPA of at least 2.5/4.0.
- No grade below a “C” and no “Credit/No Credit” or “Pass/Fail” grades for any courses required for licensure.
- Completion of additional requirements as specified in the graduate catalog.
After admission to a degree program leading to licensure, potential candidates must:
- Apply for candidacy – this application must be turned in during the first two (2) weeks of your first semester
During the candidacy phase, you must:
- Take all necessary coursework including disciplinary methods classes
- Take education coursework
- Complete and log all Early Field Experience hours
- Register for and Pass the ILTS (Illinois Licensure Testing System) Content Test (test #152)
- Apply for student teaching
Student teaching is the culminating phase of a teacher candidate’s course of study at UIC. It takes place in the final semester of the program. Most student teachers spend fourteen weeks or more, full-time, in an area school. With the help and support of cooperating teachers, university field instructors, peers, and other professionals at both the school and university, student teachers apply and extend their knowledge of teaching and learning.
During the student teaching phase, you must:
- Complete and submit the Technology Survey, the Exit Survey, and the edTPA in TaskStream
- Be evaluated by both your cooperating teacher and university field instructor using the Student Teaching Evaluation
- Learn how to apply for licensure
- File an intent to graduate, online via my.UIC
During the licensure phase, you must:
- Meet all degree requirements (degree completion is a licensure requirement)
- Have successfully completed and logged hours for all required early field experiences
- Complete and file the UIC Entitlement Application
- Upon entitlement, file licensure application online with ISBE via ELIS (Educator Licensure Information System)
During your first year as a teacher, you will be contacted and asked to complete a survey about how well you were prepared as a teacher. Please take the time to complete that survey!
News and AnnouncementsAre you interested in becoming a Golden Apple Pathways Scholar? Golden Apple Pathway Scholars Application Information